The vacuum freeze-drying technology that originated in the 1820s has come a long way in the last 20 years after decades of ups and downs. In the 21st century, vacuum freeze-drying technology has become more and more popular due to the incomparable advantages of other drying methods. In addition to being widely used in the fields of medicine, biological products, food, blood products and active substances, its application scale and field. is still expanding. To this end, vacuum freeze-drying will become an important application technology in the 21st century.
Freeze-drying technology, referred to as freeze-drying, also known as sublimation drying. Freeze-drying is a method of pre-freezing water-containing materials and then subliming them in a vacuum state to obtain dry items. The original biological and chemical properties of the freeze-dried articles are basically unchanged, and they are easy to be stored for a long time. After adding water, they can be restored to the form before freeze-drying, and their original biochemical properties can be maintained. Therefore, freeze-drying technology is widely used in the chemical industry, biological products and other fields.
Freeze drying is the best way to preserve biologically sensitive tissues and tissues. The freeze dryer is suitable for drying bacteria, viruses, plasma, serum, antibodies, vaccines, medicines, microorganisms, yeast, plant extracts for biological research, etc.
It includes the following two points:
1. It is used to dry and store products that are easily dehydrated. After adding water, the characteristics of the raw materials can be restored again without affecting their biological activity.
2. It is dried at a very low temperature, the protein remains anhydrous, and other major chemical bonds remain unchanged. Through freeze-drying, tissue, tissue extracts, bacteria, vaccines and plasma materials become dry. , so that no enzymatic, bacterial and chemical changes occur.
The disadvantage of traditional high temperature dryers is that they can cause the material to shrink and damage cells, and the structure of the sample is not destroyed during the freeze-drying process, because the solid components are supported by the ice in their seats. As the ice sublimates, it leaves pores in the dry leftover material. This preserves the integrity of the product’s biological and chemical structure and its activity.
The freeze dryer is a new type of equipment that combines the refrigeration system, the vacuum system, the heat transfer oil heating system, and the moisture removal system. dispersion. The operation of the freeze dryer is simple. Generally, after starting the machine, the material can be put into the material box for freezing. In the freezing process of materials, on the one hand, the vacuum system performs vacuuming to take away part of the water; on the other hand, when the material is frozen, the water contained in some molecules is discharged to the surface of the material for freezing. The heating system heats and dries the material, and the water contained in the material is brought to the freezer and capture box to freeze by vacuuming, so as to meet the requirements of freeze-drying of the material.
The advantages of freeze drying technology of freeze dryer:
1. Freeze drying is carried out at low temperature, so it is especially suitable for many heat-sensitive substances. Such as proteins, microorganisms and the like will not denature or lose biological activity. Therefore, it is widely used in medicine.
2. When drying at low temperature, the loss of some volatile components in the substance is very small, which is suitable for drying some chemical products, medicines and food.
3. During the freeze-drying process, the growth of microorganisms and the action of enzymes cannot proceed, so the original properties can be maintained.
4. Since it is dried in a frozen state, the volume is almost unchanged, the original structure is maintained, and no concentration phenomenon occurs.
5. The dried material is loose and porous, and it is sponge-like. After adding water, it dissolves rapidly and completely, and immediately restores its original properties.
6. Since the drying is carried out under vacuum, there is very little oxygen, so some easily oxidized substances are protected.
7. Drying can remove more than 95-99% of the moisture, so that the dried product can be stored for a long time without deterioration.
To learn more about the details of the products, please visit www.biometerpro.com or follow us on our social media accounts.
Established in 2011, Biometer Co., Ltd. has been focusing on one-stop-shop solutions for research, development and marketing of medical equipment and laboratory equipment products for various fields covering government departments, scientific research institutions, colleges, biomedicine, advanced material, chemical industry, environment, food, electronics and electrical appliances, etc. for more than 10 years. Our products include laboratory equipment, sterilizer and disinfection equipment, laboratory safety protection product, cold chain product, medical equipment, general analytical equipment, measuring equipment, physical test equipment etc. We also provide sterilizers and autoclaves of different models to meet the diversified requirements of customers.
Post time: Jun-16-2022